Recommendation for simple Web Frameworks

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jan 11 14:35:52 GMT 2011

On Mon, Jan 10, 2011 at 10:41:02PM +0000, Peter Edwards wrote:

> Indeed. I'm in a corporate environment where installing 70+ up to date CPAN
> modules is a non-trivial requirement.

You don't have to be in a corporate environment for that to be a pain in
the arse.  On my own machines I don't really want to run the risk that
one of those 70+ dependencies will break something else, nor do I
particularly relish having a seperate build of perl with its own @INC
sandbox for every application.

Something with fewer dependencies makes it easier to either verify them
before-hand, or figure out what screwed up and fix it.

> I needed to update our Twitter feeder recently and had to bail on the CPAN
> Moose OAuth Twitter for a simpler one purely for that reason.

I use ttytter, which has pleasingly few dependencies.  In fact IIRC I
didn't need to install any at all.

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson