Flickr CPAN module

Toby Wintermute tjc at wintrmute.net
Tue Mar 22 02:04:59 GMT 2011

On 22 March 2011 05:59, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 21 Mar 2011, at 02:17, Toby Wintermute wrote:
>> On 10 March 2011 08:27, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Which is preferred?
>>>
>>> There are a few by people I would trust so I'm confused!
>>
>> I'm rather dissatisfied by the current Flickr::API, so have been
>> working on a new/forked version of it.
>> I'm not quite ready to release yet, but perhaps you'd like to help?
>>
>> https://github.com/TJC/Flickr-API2
>
> I was toying with a use-case driven Flickr::API::Useful based around
> things you actually want from it...

I'd love to have something like that in Flickr::API2 :)

ie. A way to ask for photos, and to be given back an iterator of
Flickr::...::Photo objects, rather than the current method which is
just a big hash of keys that vary depending on what objects you've
been given.

(Hey, but at least it's an improvement on the old CPAN module, which
returned an XML::Parser::Lite::Tree document and expected you to know
how to query Yet Another XML Module.)

Toby

--
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer