Perl on a smartphone?

Adam Bartosik moldovenu at gmail.com
Tue Mar 29 00:43:13 BST 2011

Hi David,

I was using Milestone1 (European version of Moto-Droid) and also some
friends are using M1/M2 versions, maybe more for emergency
administration than "casual programming" but still able to use
shortcuts like ^E or ^H with bash through ssh connection.
Milestone 2 keyboard is slightly improved but even M1 is much more
better and faster for any kind of typing than touch screen.
I was not impressed too much by Perl/ASE features on Android compared
to full SDK when I tried it about year ago but maybe there was some
improvement in this area also.

Btw, you can also go with any android and try to connect external
keyboard (folded-full-keyboard?)
http://jkontherun.com/2010/02/17/how-to-add-a-usb-keyboard-to-an-android-phone/
;)

Thanks,