Perl and IPv6. It's alright now.

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Apr 18 12:06:16 BST 2011

On 18/04/11 03:16, Jesse Vincent wrote:

> On Sun 17.Apr'11 at 20:11:09 +0100, Duncan Garland wrote:
>> Hi Jesse,
>>
>> Ok, I'll see if I can organise something.
>>
>> Perl 5.13 is a beta release which is due to become the production release
>> 5.14  this year isn't it?
>
> Yes.
>
>> Can I conclude that 5.14 is expected to have good
>> quality IPv6 support.
>
> It'd be a much safer conclusion if you could validate that we've
> actually met whatever bar you've set for "good quality IPv6 support"

For what it is worth, I am currently using IO::Socket::INET6 in
"production" code achieving boringly normal IPV6 connections to and from
instances spread all around the globe. The same code works seamlessly to
IPV4 - being a direct replacement for IO::Socket::INET. Mostly (but not
exclusively) on 5.10.x perls.

But then I don't do anything "exotic".

Dirk