Someone needs to take jwz aside...

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 12:11:55 BST 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Simon Cozens <simon at simon-cozens.org> wrote:

> On 20/04/2011 11:42, Zbigniew Lukasiak wrote:
> > The alternative to having one big, but mostly universal module (like
> > DateTime) is to have many small specialized modules.
>
> No, the alternative is to have the option of either using one big universal
> module *or* many small specialized modules. A complex project can use the big
> universal thing and a simple project can just use what it needs.
>
> This is a programming principle called "modularity".

Yeah - 'Want Good Tools? Break Your Problems Down' - wasn't that by
the same Dave that wrote DateTime?  I really don't have idea why
DateTime is so big - but I am not so sure that I could modularize it
better then it is now.

http://blog.urth.org/2009/11/want-good-tools-break-your-problems-down.html

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak