Someone needs to take jwz aside...

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Apr 20 13:34:09 BST 2011

On Wed, Apr 20, 2011 at 12:21:02PM +0100, Dominic Thoreau wrote:

> i did see the counterpoint to this a while back when putting in a
> module to CPAN for $past_employer.
>
> Not so much "huge dependency chain" as "there's more than one way to
> do it" being a problem.

This is why I don't like Catalyst.  Sure, it's a nice framework.
Trouble is, people abuse it, and they all seem to abuse it in different
ways, and each individual abuse seems reasonable at the time.  I expect
that many of these abuses are the result of not knowing everything there
is to know about Catalyst and having to get something working quickly.

Of course, a framework where it was only possible to do things in one
way would be useless, so we're fucked either way :-)

Arbeit macht Alkoholiker