Someone needs to take jwz aside...

Jérôme Étévé jerome.eteve at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 14:49:46 BST 2011

On 20 April 2011 14:18, Simon Cozens <simon at simon-cozens.org> wrote:
> On 20/04/2011 11:59, Peter Edwards wrote:
>> Go ahead and write CPAN modules requiring perl 5.12 and up to date Moose
>> then watch organisations throw Perl out the window and replace it with Java.

Is there anything better in Java? I'm currently looking at the 'zero
dependency' java twitter client http://twitter4j.org/. Indeed it's got
zero dependencies, but it ships with its own implementation JSON, and
OAuth. I bet that if I find one that re-uses some kind of standard
JSON and OAuth module instead of re-inventing the wheel, they will
also have dependencies.

Over the years I was doing Java, I never found the dependencies
management being less a hell than with Perl.
I don't feel it's wrong for a CPAN package to rely on others that are
a de facto standards in the Perl world.

J.

--
Jerome Eteve.