Junior-mid level Perl (Victoria Conlan)

Uri Guttman uri at StemSystems.com
Thu Apr 28 00:10:15 BST 2011

  YS> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 3:19 PM, Victoria Conlan <vicky at comps.org> wrote:
  >>> Specifically, it must be butter.  No butter, no shortbread.
  >>

  >> I've found that vegan buttery-style margarine is
  >> acceptable.  Especially if you replace half of the flour with
  >> ground almonds.  Pop over, I'll make you it some time.

  YS> Here in the US, most of the margarine has dairy ingredients,
  YS> especially the more buttery tasting ones.  YMMV.

there are several quality margarine products that are vegan. earth
balance is one we use. definitely good enough for many butter
replacement apps. and we use butter too so we can compare.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --
-----  Perl Code Review , Architecture, Development, Training, Support ------