Best practice for unit tests that rely on internet access?

Toby Wintermute tjc at wintrmute.net
Mon May 2 01:44:11 BST 2011

On 1 May 2011 19:14, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Isn't is traditional in an interactive CPAN shell session to ask if people
> want to connect to the internet and run the real tests?

It seems to be traditional, but I don't like it and hope it isn't best practice.

I hate it when I ask CPANPLUS to install a module, and it goes off to
install the hundred-odd sub-dependencies.. and then I go to lunch, and
come back to find CPANPLUS paused after 5 modules on one that is
asking a question I don't care about.

> And as long as it installs quickly and cleanly under cpanm then the rest
> of the world is happy too...

:)