Cool/useful short examples of Perl?

Uri Guttman uri at StemSystems.com
Mon May 30 23:18:24 BST 2011

  DH> And MAINTAINABLE.
  >>
  DH> Not everyone speaks line noise.
  >>
  >> if you think that is line noise, then your perl skills need
  >> improving.

  DH> And this is EXACTLY the problem. If this is perl, then we've lost.

nope. it is just you that is lost. perl is all of that and more. you
haven't done much training i bet. you don't give out easy problems as
they don't keep the student's interest. you push them as much as you can
to get to the next level. ever taken a class with damian? he doesn't
pussy foot around with kiddie code. that line is just like stuff he
trains with (and i have plenty of experience in his classes as one of
his producers). getting a student to marvel at interesting code gets
them involved and asking questions. that is what training is about.

and you can mix/match all sorts of short code snippets on
learn.perl. just don't make them all kiddie things or no one will come
back.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --