Someone needs to take jwz aside...

Bob Walker bob at randomness.org.uk
Wed Jun 8 11:51:13 BST 2011

On Wed, 8 Jun 2011, David Cantrell wrote:

> It's the lack of a CPAN-a-like for any other language that keeps me
> coming back to perl.
>
> Of course, it's possible that the Comprehensive Python Archive Network
> or similar for ruby/javascript/java/C/whatever does exist but I just
> can't find it.  But then, if I can't find it, it's not much use.

ruby does have rubygems.org now and they have almost decided that it is
the canonical archive. (rubyforge and github being previous choices). All
though there has beeen a schism over what
tool to use to install gems. http://slimgems.github.com/

of course it may fail on your definition of comprehensive :)

Lets put it this way. Im happy to be back sysadmining a perl stack instead
of a ruby stack :)

--
bob walker
everything should be purple and bendy