SNMP ??

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed Aug 24 12:38:37 BST 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 04:38:39PM +0530, Shantanu Bhadoria wrote:
> Hey Folks,
> Is there a good guide book or reference to get started on SNMP? some link or
> a book that can get a person from beginner to advanced state? How much time
> would you generally give for starting on SNMP in Perl for a Perl veteran but
> a SNMP newbie?
> thanks!

The book's getting a bit long in the tooth now, but Perl for System
Administration was useful to get me up and running doing various sysadminny
things including SNMP early in my career:

http://oreilly.com/catalog/9781565926097

(In fact, I might bring my now-unused copy along to what appears to be
turning into a bookswap social next month.)