Current State of Auntie Beeb

Paul Weaver paul.weaver at bbc.co.uk
Mon Oct 8 19:47:36 BST 2012

We use a lot of perl internally in News. Not just monitoring, but in the
TV production chain. Pretty much anything you see that's not live, and
comes from abroad, comes in via perl. Just this evening I've written a
few new lines of perl code which I've deployed to servers in Islamabad,
Brussels and Moscow.

The last entirely new perl code I created was in March, a jquery front
end/perl backend to control some video encoders.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/