Proprietary Sybase DBI/DBD module

Jason Clifford jason at ukfsn.org
Mon Oct 29 14:41:15 GMT 2012

On Mon, 2012-10-29 at 14:07 +0000, Chris Jack wrote:
> I'm just back from speaking at the Las Vegas SAP/Sybase conference (on a somewhat Perl related topic too!). One of the (other) interesting talks was about a new proprietary Sybase ASE DBI/DBD module for Perl (to be called DBD::SybaseASE from memory). They were a little short on specifics, but it sounds like it will answer a number of concerns with the current non-proprietary DBD::Sybase - for instance with performance of bulk loading. I asked what was being done about getting it into standard perl distributions, and the presenter didn't know. Hence my question: can anyone send me/post information or a link about how to get a new module into standard Perl distributions (and maybe also a list of the major perl distributions). RegardsChris

Do you know what the license terms for redistribution of this module
are?

Ideally you simply upload the module to CPAN and, optionally, advise the
producers of Strawberry Perl and ActiveState that it is available so
they can package it up for their users.

So long as it being proprietary does not prevent this model of
distribution that's all you need to do.

Jason Clifford