Etiquette [was: Re: Updating lots of database fields in a single row]

Gordon Banner tech at gordonbanner.me.uk
Wed Jan 23 12:32:13 GMT 2013

> Be nice as this list has more to offer than silly pounding on people that release things onto the CPAN or send unclear emails.

> A person asks a question. We give an answer. We can only say so much.
> A person can only take on board so much. So we have to make that
> answer as good as possible in the limited scope available.

I'm proposing Gordon's law, somewhat akin to Godwin's:

As a discussion in the London.pm list grows longer, the probability of
it turning into a meta-discussion of what is (not) an acceptable posting
approaches 1.

It's great that we're all so keen not to put off newbies, not to allow
time-wasting, etc, but my word is this list self-conscious!

;-)
Gordon