Raising Perl awareness on Tiobe + Wikipedia, etc.

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Wed Mar 20 08:47:26 GMT 2013

On 20 Mar 2013, at 08:20, AJ Dhaliwal wrote:

> "It is possible that Perl became less of the duct tape of the
> internet because of JavaScript."
>
> Didn't know Perl ever competed with Javascript?

I think at a certain point UI/UX became more important than just
serving up information, Flickr might be the most significant milestone
of this change. This arguably made JS a more significant language for
web development. Now throw in node.js and recently you could build
another argument for the importance of JS.

G.