Raising Perl awareness on Tiobe + Wikipedia, etc.

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Wed Mar 20 09:07:43 GMT 2013

On 20 Mar 2013, at 08:47, Greg McCarroll <greg at mccarroll.org.uk> wrote:

> Now throw in node.js and recently you could build another argument for the importance of JS.

Someone didn't see my talk at LPW.* I think the hype will blow over eventually because people will figure out that cooperative multitasking makes things like bcrypt remarkably hard. Not to mention that it's very irritating to program node. And don't get me started again, I already gave them damn talk.

James

* The one where I didn't spend the entire time being heckled by people who've been programming perl since the 0.1 release. The one where I had the audience chanting "web scale" at me. Such fun.