Number::Fraction

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue May 7 15:27:18 BST 2013

On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 02:57:19PM +0200, Th. J. van Hoesel wrote:

> This morning I woke up and realised that maybe here can be some risk...
>
> What if people figured out that the method did accept 3 or more arguments (why and how.. because they dug into the code ?). It would make no sensense at all to call the method Number::Fraction->new( 1, 4, 6, 7, 2), but it would produce by some magic allowance that it should return a Number::Fraction object.

My policy for my code is that if I've documented something then I'll
continue to support it, but if people are using undocumented methods or
behaviours, then that's their problem and they should expect it to
break.  Likewise if they monkey-patch my code.

If they want more stuff documented, or want stuff changed, then the
correct thing to do is not to just charge ahead like a bull in a china
shop, but to submit a patch.

Today's previously unreported paraphilia is tomorrow's Internet sensation