Mailing List Spam

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Mon Jun 24 13:21:32 BST 2013

I run a few mailing lists which have seasonal or sporadic usage. A side
effect of running these things is that the lists collect spam which ends
up in my list administrator's mailbox. All very normal and boring.

But I am starting to notice a pattern which seems to suggest that when a
list is quiet (such a hockey club's list during the summer months when
there is nearly no traffic) - there is nearly no spam. As traffic builds
up, the level of attempted spam increases.

Is it just me? Is it a coincidence? Has anyone else noticed something
similar?

Dirk