isolating thread-unsafe modules

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Jul 30 20:59:54 BST 2013

On 30/07/2013 20:38, DAVID HODGKINSON wrote:
> On 30 Jul 2013, at 14:54, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
>> Parallel::ForkManager has some (evil, hacky*) support for returning data
>> from a forked child to the parent.
> And I've used it. Works fine.

So have I, to work around an incompatible change in perl 5.18. It's not
exactly a solution that I'm comfortable using though. For one thing, an
evil-doer could potentially exploit it to spoof the returned data.
Doesn't particularly matter in my case, but could in some others.

   engineer: n. one who, regardless of how much effort he puts in
     to a job, will never satisfy either the suits or the scientists