XP-Replacement for Parents

Smylers Smylers at stripey.com
Thu Mar 27 15:51:52 GMT 2014

Dave Hodgkinson writes:

> Bite the bullet and get a Mac.

It isn't clear if this suggestion is for James (whose message it was in
reply to), me, or my mum.

If Mum, then I don't feel it's entirely accurate to say that the only
reason she doesn't already have a Mac is through reluctance to pay for
one.

My Mac knowledge is limited, but I'm not immediately seeing how a Mac is
the best solution for a problem featuring an unknown scanner and a
collection of WordPerfect documents, and I'm wary of suggesting an
operating system which is both completely new to her and one of which I
have no experience — please could you elucidate on what you think we
should do, and why it's better than the options I listed.

Thanks.

Smylers
--
http://twitter.com/Smylers2