Thinking on Talks (parts I & II)

Graham Seaman graham at theseamans.net
Tue Dec 6 18:09:41 GMT 2005

Jacqui Caren wrote:

> Graham Seaman wrote:
>
>> That would be the Windscale that  blew up  when I was a child,
>

> Not blew up - just seriously crap design by the Brits.

No, my memory is that it blew up, though not on the same scale as
Chernobyl. This would have been some time around 1961, and the wind
carried the plume  across the country and dropped most of it on the East
Midlands. Since one of my dad's jobs at the time was measuring
radioactivity in grass consumed by local cows, I'm inclined to believe
him in spite of the fact it was D-noticed out of the press.

Graham