Thinking on Talks (parts I & II)

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Dec 6 18:32:40 GMT 2005

On Tue, Dec 06, 2005 at 04:39:03PM +0000, Jacqui Caren wrote:
> Graham Seaman wrote:
> >That would be the Windscale that  blew up  when I was a child,
> Not blew up - just seriously crap design by the Brits.

I'd say ignorant design.  Shit happens in new engineering disciplines
simply because people don't know what all the failure modes are.

See software for countless excellent examples.

--
David Cantrell | random organic glop and a metric fuckton of electricity

Are you feeling bored? depressed? slowed down?  Evil Scientists may
be manipulating the speed of light in your vicinity.  Buy our patented
instructional video to find out how, and maybe YOU can stop THEM