New books from Apress

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Wed May 24 23:38:29 BST 2006

Andy Armstrong <andy at hexten.net> wrote:
[...]
> Yup. Here you go. Please only use the BASIC rom image if you have a
> real Beeb in the loft :)
> http://hexten.net/assets/65Perl02.tar.gz

Here's some other ROM images for you to play with:

http://www.mdfsnet.f9.co.uk/Software/BBCBasic/BBC/

You seem to have hardwired HIMEM in your emulator whereas it should arguably
change itself based on the kind of ROM loaded. When I hack your code to load
a "HiBasic 3" image and use the correct value of HIMEM, I get this:

mabuse at dopiaza:~/65Perl02$ ./65Perl02.pl
>PRINT ~PAGE
       800
>PRINT ~HIMEM
      B800
>PRINT HIMEM-PAGE
     45056

... which sure beats the 1900-7C00 I have on the real Beeb here.

Your 6502 emulator lacks a few instructions to get the BBC Master's BASIC
going though. Wish for a rainy bank holiday :)

--
PGP key ID E85DC776 - finger abuse at mooli.org.uk for full key