Did anyone else get spam from MobiTV?

Paul Makepeace london.pm.org at paulm.com
Fri May 26 22:07:11 BST 2006

Je 2006-05-26 21:53:13 +0100, David Cantrell skribis:
> On Fri, May 26, 2006 at 03:15:48PM +0100, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> > Je 2006-05-26 15:02:45 +0100, Toby Corkindale skribis:
> > > CPAN makes me sad; I get more spam on that address than any others.
> > There should be an option to conceal addresses and flow all
> > communication through the ticket system, IMO. Maybe there's a reason
> > that doesn't already happen?
>
> That reason being that the ticket system would just get filled with spam
> instead.  Yay.  RT.cpan is useful at the moment.  Please don't break it.

I'm not suggesting routing an email address into RT, rather, simply
removing the email addresses with the expection (via presence of a link)
to the ticket system. That ticket system already exists but isn't full
of spam (is it?)

> > Failing that I'm sure a little obfuscation or registration could go a long way.
>
> Or alternatively bitbucketing your PAUSE address.  I do.  If people want
> to contact me, they can read the docs for the module they're having
> trouble with.

True... It that becomes the majority behaviour PAUSE should remove the
address.

Paul Makepeace .............................. http://paulm.com/inchoate/

"What is the flavor du jour? Don't know. Must be the drugs."
   -- http://paulm.com/toys/surrealism/