Class::DBI and stalinesque hiding of THE TRUTH

Ovid publiustemp-londonpm at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 26 09:48:17 BST 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Dave Cross <dave at dave.org.uk>

> No. I feel that way too sometime. But most of the time I'm a lot
> calmer and just want to force them to read "Database in Depth"[1]
>  until they understand it all.
> [1] http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/databaseid/

A lovely, lovely book.  A book which,regrettably, is still boxed up on the other side of the pond.  However, the book still expects folks to know the basics of normalization.

Did I tell y'all the one about the company which used the customer's phone number as the key to their sales history?  Took me a while to figure that one out.  Made me want to issue a "DROP TABLE" command with a chainsaw.  Of course, since I was forbidden to make any changes to the database ... :(

Cheers,
Ovid