[londonperl] perl/XS/C IDEs

David Alban extasia at extasia.org
Tue Jun 27 19:49:23 BST 2006

Don't know if you're looking specifically for a gui, but if not,
screen <http://www.gnu.org/software/screen/> can be incredibly helpful
in the command line world, regardless of what you're doing.  Not
exactly the answer for which you're looking--it's certainly not an
IDE, nor does it play one on TV--but hopefully it could be of some
value to you.  I'd heard about screen for years, finally tried it out
a couple years ago, and have been hooked ever since.

P.S.  While normally touted because
hey-you-can-suspend-your-screen-session-and-then-get-back-to-it-later-from-anywhere,
screen is also quite lovely in that you can have multiple shells
simultaneously running in a single
$YOUR_FAVORITE_TERMINAL_WINDOW_PROGRAM.  bash, screen, vim, perl, and
the perl debugger are my development environment of choice.

--
Live in a world of your own, but always welcome visitors.