Perl Vacancy

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Mon Aug 14 17:25:19 BST 2006

On 14 Aug 2006, at 16:55, Peter Corlett wrote:

> So how do you propose people should criticise or comment on job
> requirements they perceive as negative? Fawning praise?

i'd suggest, not using a comedic device and also giving some
justification.

> Now either the comments in the job description was jokey in which
> case a joke should be expected in return, or the employer really
> wanted that in which case they should be ridiculed anyway.

imho, and i realise this is subjective, i read it as two very
different types of humour,
one was a tongue in cheek fun approach and the other i felt was a
little more cutting.

normally i would have shrugged my shoulders but perl jobs has been a
hot topic recently,
and i'd like to see the solution to the problem that has been raised
on this list start
on this list.

Greg