Teach-In Slides

Dave Cross dave at dave.org.uk
Tue Jun 5 11:05:08 BST 2007

Ovid wrote:
> [...]

I don't think I've ever encountered a segfault with Devel::DProf (but
I've heard other people mention them). That may just be because I've
never really made heavy use of the module.

I talked about Deve::DProf because it's part of the Perl distribution,
so it's there for people to try out as soon as they get back to their
computers. I knew there were other options, but I didn't have time to go
into them - so I hoped that the reference to the relevant chapter of
"Mastering Perl" would suffice.

> 2.  There are plenty of excellent tools listed, but I didn't notice much
> about useful strategies for *organizing* code.  MVC, Catalyst, or other
> techniques for creating structured systems.  I've seen lots of
> developers use great tools but put things together so haphazardly that
> the tools are of little use.  Was it too much to fit in?

That would, of course, have been the next obvious thing to put in. I
covered M (ORM) and V (templating) but just didn't have the time to put
it all together as MVC.

Dave...