Teach-In Slides

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Tue Jun 5 11:12:43 BST 2007

On Tue, Jun 05, 2007 at 02:47:55AM -0700, Ovid wrote:

> 1.  I noticed you listed Devel::DProf.  I've had lots of success
> generating segfaults with that and others have commented the same.  I
> prefer Devel::Profile (it's only segfaulted once for me and, oddly,
> Devel::DProf worked on the same code base).  Is there a particular
> reason you prefer Devel::DProf to Devel::Profile?

Roll on 5.10 because I think that all the known bugs are fixed in Devel::DProf
Some are core fixes that are not binary compatible, and could well have been
the cause of segfaults. (I don't remember any clear bug reports on the SEGVs,
but in turn I suspect that they are really really hard to reproduce reliably
on small examples)

Nicholas Clark