What do perl lovers like about python?

Eric Wilhelm scratchcomputing at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 18:08:42 BST 2007

# from Kaoru
# on Wednesday 22 August 2007 06:53 am:

>I haven't gotten around to learning Python yet either, so I can't tell
>you what I like about it, but you might find the article "Why Python?"
>by Eric Raymond interesting. [0] It contains a lot of comparisons
>between Perl and Python.
>
>[0] http://www.linuxjournal.com/article/3882

If I find myself writing code at full typing speed, I think I'm probably
writing too much code.

  "When you're writing working code nearly as fast as you can type and
  your misstep rate is near zero, it generally means you've achieved
  mastery of the language."

For me, that illustrates the difference in waterbed theory between the
languages.  I've written and read a fair bit of python code.  I find
that the smallness of the language limits me and tends to sanction
verbosity.

--Eric
--
The opinions expressed in this e-mail were randomly generated by
the computer and do not necessarily reflect the views of its owner.