turncoat

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Wed Aug 22 23:21:13 BST 2007

On 22 Aug 2007, at 15:38, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> Some people make such a big deal about this when there really is no
> deal to be made. There are just fewer characters to type and look at.
> Decent programmers aren't spending their time dreaming up creative
> (inconsistent) indentation schemes, they're sticking to a consistent
> style guide, so 99+% of the time you don't need the punctuation.

I'd have agreed six months ago - but since then perltidy has got to
me. Now I hardly ever manually format Perl - I just type stuff with
no whitespace and then hit the button I have bound to perltidy.

That's not possible with Python (although providing you indent
correctly everything else could certainly be pytidied) and I miss it.

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net