turncoat

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Wed Aug 22 23:29:07 BST 2007

On 22 Aug 2007, at 16:20, Peter Corlett wrote:
> It's even more fun when you have to indent or dedent the whole
> block - in Perl, C, Erlang, HTML, whatever, I can just stick braces
> around it and go down pressing TAB for each line. In Python, and
> only Python, this will break the code.

If you've got your editor set up so that you have to (un)indent a
line at a time you're doing something wrong :)

> This isn't to say that Python is bad because of it, it's just that
> it's much more different to Perl than, say, Java is.

Oh boy, that's a weird thing to say. Conceptually Perl and Python are
much closer to each other than either is to Java. Syntactically Perl
and Java share C-like features - but you surely get beyond the
syntactic differences in just a few minutes, no?

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net