What do perl lovers like about python?

John Costello cos at indeterminate.net
Wed Aug 22 23:28:52 BST 2007

On Wed, 22 Aug 2007, David Alban wrote:
> "Perl rulz and python sux" responses aren't useful.  I don't need
> anyone to convince me to use perl.  But I am curious as to what
> specifically perl folks might like about python.

I'm just diving into Python, and appreciate the commentary here so far. I
appreciate the overlap and that the concepts are easy to understand.  The
indentation is odd, but I'm willing to dig into the language and see just
how much that proscriptivist approach annoys me.

As to why I'm learning it:  Expand my brain, expand my skills, and several
people (mostly not on this list) have recommended it.

----
"Thou shalt not partake of decaf!"--The Descendents