music to code to

Nigel Rantor wiggly at wiggly.org
Mon Nov 12 15:10:38 GMT 2007

Edmund von der Burg wrote:
> I like boppy non-lyrical stuff (Cal Tjader), joel likes weird techno
> (Coil), hanekomu likes minimalist electronica from japan (Rei
> Harakami, Ryoji Ikeda, Aoki Takamasa).
>
> What works for you lot?

At last, a list post that doesn't make me want to kill someone.

Depends what I'm doing.

If I need to think then nothing too aggressive, if I'm coding stuff from
a design then I bring out the block-rocking-beats.

So, hmm, at the moment, Clapton, REM, Neil Young, Paul Weller and Dire
Straits for the thinking and Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, NIN, Queen, Black
Crowes, Killers and Gnarls Barkley for the hacking.

But I normally just have my music on shuffle and skip things if they
disturb my current mindset.