NLP followup

Philip Newton philip.newton at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:59:00 GMT 2007

On Nov 13, 2007 3:47 PM, Peter Hickman <peter.hickman at semantico.com> wrote:
> He's not stupid, he
> knows what he is doing and he knows the effect it is having.

You think so?

Perhaps I'm being too charitable, but so far, I've put it down to
fairly severe difficulties with calculating the effects of social
interactions, internalising societal protocol, and determining what is
appropriate in which setting such as might be displayed by someone
with autistic/Aspie/something-like-that tendencies (especially,
perhaps, when drunk?).

I know I've said and done inappropriate things in the past, too, for
lack of "getting it" (or thinking the "socially acceptable" boundary
was a bit further away than most other people place it), though I like
to think it wasn't in that magnitude.

Cheers,
--
Philip Newton <philip.newton at gmail.com>