NLP followup

Chris Devers cdevers at pobox.com
Tue Nov 13 16:07:13 GMT 2007

On Nov 13, 2007, at 9:47 AM, Peter Hickman
<peter.hickman at semantico.com> wrote:

> Nigel Rantor wrote:
>> I vote we give him time, and failing that, enough rope to hang
>> himself.
>
> Just how much time and rope do you think he needs? He's not stupid,
> he knows what he is doing and he knows the effect it is having. That
> spells troll.

And yet once again, the really annoying thing is not much what he said
-- okay, we get it, he's an idiot -- but all the hand-wringing about
it, plunging the signal-to-noise ratio through the floor.

It's no improvement to be able to skip his mails, but still have to
sift through dozens of shocked!, shocked! responses to each
transgression.

This seems to be one of those cases where if we all just ignore the
problem, it might just go away. Can we please give it a try? Pretty
please, with beer and pie and ponies and Buffies on top?