NLP followup

Jacqui caren jacqui.caren at ntlworld.com
Tue Nov 13 17:54:13 GMT 2007

Aidan Samuel wrote:
> I think this immensley irritating limitation helped accelerate the
> demise of the otherwise noble plain-text email.

The same reason Postscript was uue'd - because quite a few MTA's
were at least partly script based and did not hndle long lines
well.

Even today I sometimes get email where original lines have bene
'wrapped' by some helpful intermediate MTA.

QP encoding means that long lines may be invisibly folded
and hold 8 or 16it (gb2312) chars without grief from 7bitonly MTAs.

Jacqui