what perl modules are installed

Ian Docherty londonperlmongers at iandocherty.com
Wed Feb 13 13:29:43 GMT 2008

I am sure other people have had this requirement.

How do I find out what perl modules are installed on a system and what
version?

I have started at a company that has several servers, supposedly all
servers have the same
modules installed but in practice modules have been installed by a
variety of means, directly
from cpan, by manual installation, by copying files from other servers.
I need to be able to
get a list of what is installed on each system.

I have found reference to a file perllocal.pod which is supposed to
contain the list of perl
modules and their date, but no version and I suspect it is only used
when doing a 'make'.

Is there a quick way of doing this rather than traversing the @INC
directories and reading
every file?