Perl Advocacy

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Sat Feb 23 23:35:39 GMT 2008

So, I was just about to reply to another thread, and I realised that all the content
I had -- that was interesting/valuable -- was about Perl advocacy.

As some of you know I've got a reasonably sucessful sales background, and the one
thing I learned was the power of the logo/case study/story/reference. And I've been
sitting whining about Perl/TPF getting such a page of logo's for sometime. However the
scary bit about now being leader Is you just can't poke at others to do so any more.

So I have a request. If you are in London (or England/UK[1]), using Perl, wheter you
are Venda or Shadowcat, the BBC or Morgan S., could you please email me and give me
the permission to use your logo on a 'companies who use Perl in London'[1] page. To keep
things fair it'll be alphabetical (sorry Venda).

(Also I'd love a website or even just logo page website volunteer to help keep this
 up to date).

Greg

[1] I think for the sake of value we'll just fudge the definition of 'London', etc. To
be perfectly honest I'd rather some company decide to use Perl because they saw some
hip company they thought were in London using it, when really there were in some hell
hole like Birmingham or Milton Keynes[2]

[2] You can make the boy be leader, but you can't make him like crappy northern towns.[3]

[3] This is a joke.