Your answer

Jonathan Stowe jns at gellyfish.com
Mon Apr 7 16:25:52 BST 2008

Hi,
On Mon, 2008-04-07 at 15:35 +0300, Michael Engel wrote:
> Dear Jonathan,

Please don't ignore the Reply-To address on the list messages in future.

> Thanks for your answer. In fact I am using option b. However I have some
> difficulties in retrieving. No problem of accessing to MSSQL itself.
> The problem is in trying to retrieve data .
>
> Your writing of 'more "help oriented" forum' indicated I was using the
> wrong address. What is the right one?

Well the London.pm mailling list is really more of a social list for
people who use Perl in London rather than a technical forum. While
people do send technical questions they are usually of a more general
nature. You probably would do better somewhere like PerlMonks.

> I receive errors like:
>
> DBD::Sybase::st execute failed: Server message number=208 severity=16
> state=1 line=1 server=GRAPHIT text=Invalid object name 'NodesBackup'. at
> test3.pl line 18.
> unable to execute query SELECT * FROM NodesBackup   error Server
> number=208 severity=16 state=1 line=1 server=GRAPHIT text=Invalid object
> name 'NodesBackup'. at test3.pl line 18.

Either 'NodesBackup' is an incorrect table name or you are looking at
the wrong database, this might be because of your client configuration.

> I received them upon using:
>
> $dbh->do("use SwitchCenterDB");

You shouldn't need to do the above - you should have the correct
database in your connect string. Or specify the fully qualified name of
the tables in the query.