Making Perl Better (in London)

Greg McCarroll greg at mccarroll.org.uk
Mon Apr 7 21:51:25 BST 2008

Seeing so many people talk instead of do reminds me of one of the
things that seems to be popular or rather desired in London Perl circles;
technical meetings.

Our problem with this is the ever elusive venue, and acquiring one so
far has been a big bucket of FAIL for me.

So I wondered if rather than talking, someone could make with the doing
- maybe you have a nice space in your office or know of a cheap/free
space and could ask your boss or the owner of said space. We're more
than happy to advertise any technical meet as 'Sponsored by' for the
provider of the space.

(Please note that suggesting places at random that you don't know the
 availability of is more of the talking thing.)

So here is the ideal list.

   * Central london (within the circle line).
   * Enough to hold around 30 or 40 people.
   * A projector and screen.

As I said this is an ideal list, and in the words of Marvin Lee Aday,

   "Two Out of Three Ain't Bad"

Although I'm now wondering if crediting J.S. with 'the words of' might
be more appropriate, but it's not as much fun.

Sorry If i appear grumpy, 30+ people talking for 4+ days in 100+
messages about making Perl better without achieving anything does that
to me.

G.