the first rule of Perl club (was Re: Better Perl)

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Mon Apr 7 23:25:51 BST 2008

On Mon, Apr 07, 2008 at 09:46:51PM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:

> > I suspect that you're going to tell me that the second rule is "buy gellyfish
> > beer". And Dave will counter-claim that it's "buy DrHyde beer" (as well as
> > noting that he has two hands. I've not yet tested what happens if one buys
> > him a third glass to hold)
>
> Oh dear, do I have to run a tutorial on How To Hold Glasses Of Beer at
> the next LPW?

No, not really. I was assuming that with the correct IDE, er tool (eg a table)
one can cope with a near infinite supply of glasses

> FWIW, holding three or even four glasses at once isn't too difficult,
> but *drinking* from them is ... messy.

It was more that I have a good idea how to successfully drink whilst holding
2 glasses, but I have no good idea whether it is even possible to manage this
whilst holding 3 or more.

I've seen 4 held (one technique was a square, one technique that looks easier
is a diamond) but haven't had the courage to try it myself. (Even practising
with something worthless and inoffensive such as water seems risky, as
glasses don't bounce. At least, not in one piece)

Nicholas Clark