svk v git + possible gig

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Mon Sep 8 17:59:26 BST 2008

I first heard about svk at the Nordic Perl conf a few years back and
it seemed popular. Disappointment ensued however when I looked at the
docs. I still to this day have only the most rudimentary understanding
of what an smerge is, and the docs seem just as weak. I know people
work hard on this project but it just doesn't seem well documented.
The FAQ's first entry: "    * How can I set multi-line properties like
svn:ignore? " I mean, seriously?! When I've asked others about this
I've had agreement and "ask on IRC".

Anyway, so has anyone moved from svk to git? Any thoughts on the experience?

Has anyone used perforce? Do you also think it makes the OSS VCS look
especially weak?