Beer experiment

Dave Hodgkinson davehodg at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 20:35:10 BST 2008

On 13 Sep 2008, at 13:46, Tara Andrews wrote:

> I wonder if we have critical mass for beer flash mobs yet.
>
> I am going to be in Paddington station in 45 minutes, with 2 hours
> to kill before my train. Come have a beer with me if you can. (Email
> me if you are going to show up, otherwise I might not be in the pub
> upstairs.)

I think maybe the communication channel is the problem. So sure, there
are
lots of people on the list but it's a single list. And it's predicated
on people being in front of email. So you need to be multi-channel
for a start. In Amsterdam I had an "APB" list on my phone that I could
SMS
and generally procure at least half a dozen for drinks. And there's
that facebook thing. Oh, and twitter, though now they've killed the
SMS's it's less immediate.

Then think cross-network. According to the network graphing doofer
on Facebook I have several main networks: London geeks, musicians
and Avon type people.

In your case you probably have others not on l.pm so they need to be
reached. I'm sure Byzantine historians like beer too.

Dave Hodgkinson                                MSN: davehodg at hotmail.com
Site: http://www.davehodgkinson.com                   UK: +44 7768 49020
Blog: http://davehodg.blogspot.com                    NL: +31 654 982906
Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/davehodg