Beer experiment

Tara Andrews chrysaphi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 14 21:28:39 BST 2008

On Sun, Sep 14, 2008 at 8:35 PM, Dave Hodgkinson <davehodg at gmail.com> wrote:

> So you need to be multi-channel
> for a start. In Amsterdam I had an "APB" list on my phone that I could SMS
> and generally procure at least half a dozen for drinks. And there's
> that facebook thing. Oh, and twitter, though now they've killed the
> SMS's it's less immediate.

Yeah, I did think of that, and I kicked myself for not having put SSH
on my iPhone yet.  I looked through my phone book for people who might
be on IRC, to text them and ask them to post for me, but the only one
I came up with was Greg and it turned out I had the phone number of
the wrong Greg under his name.

> In your case you probably have others not on l.pm so they need to be
> reached. I'm sure Byzantine historians like beer too.

Alas, the Byzantinists I know were all on the other end of the London
-> Oxford journey.

I could have posted to LJ, I suppose, but I did kind of want to run
the experiment on london.pm in isolation.

-tara