Drobo and DroboShare experiences

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 09:55:28 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 9:27 PM, Simon Wistow <simon at thegestalt.org> wrote:
> * OSX can't seem to share a FAT32 USB drive for reasons which I can only
>  presume are spite. It's possible that the latest version of the OS
>  fixes this but this would require me to go buy that and then faff
>  about installing it on the Mc Mini that lurks behind the sofa.

I believe that's for licencing issues. I can't use my
"windows-formatted" (FAT32) ipod with my mac without reformatting to
use HFS+ (which would then make it unreadable on all other OSes). That
and I can't seem to get it to mount manually - the FAT32 driver
doesn't appear to exist on my leopard install.

--James