Copyright Theft (was Re: # and believe me, Perl is still alive... still alive!...)

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Wed Dec 10 14:15:36 GMT 2008

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com>wrote:

> 2008/12/10 Paul Orrock <paulo at digitalcraftsmen.net>:
> > Secondly I find myself surprised that in a discussion that is all about
> > leniency and being welcoming and not biting peoples heads off that you
> make
> > such a blanket assumption that the original poster was doing this
> > deliberately in full knowledge that it was copyright theft.
>
> He didn't make a blanket assumption, he put it down to being naive or
> something else
> (and TBH you'd have to be to not realise it was obviously copyright
> infringement).

The opening line was "I'll put your attempt to get us to participate in
copyright theft.." suggesting pre-meditation and malicious intent (which
actually logically contradicts the perceived motivation expressed
immediately afterwards but never mind that...), neither of which strikes me
as particularly likely, and thus I think Paul's read is pretty fair.

Let's just be nice, mm'kay?

Or should we engineer something so Leon gets to step in for a second time in
his so far illustrious career? :-) Ah, the duties of a wartime leader...