Anniversary Beer

James Laver james.laver at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 22:58:51 BST 2009

On 20 Apr 2009, at 22:52, Philippe Bruhat (BooK) wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 20, 2009 at 10:30:38PM +0100, James Laver wrote:
>> As some of you will remember, last year I organised commemorative
>> beer
>> for our 10th anniversary (go london.pm!)
>>
>> We need 120 bottles to make it worth their while and they'll
>> deliver to
>> the june social (which will fall on the 4th and hasn't yet been
>> announced -- it is quite a way away).
>
> Don't forget to keep a few of them for the Lisbon auction.
>
> It'll be worth it, if only to watch people throwing in a lot of money
> for beer in the land of cheap beer... ;-)

Last year we had an offer of 4 cases for the YAPC auction that sadly
never materialised. Handy, as it happens, since 4 cases were claimed
by people who didn't pre-order but decided that actually, they wanted
beer.

I'll sponsor 6 bottles (12 quid IIRC) for the hell of it. Anyone else
willing to do the same?

--James

P.S. why haven't I heard of other PM groups organising anniversary beer?