Geekiest place on earth? (was Re: Big Geek Day Out)

Billy Abbott billy at cowfish.org.uk
Mon Jun 15 14:46:21 BST 2009

On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Michael Lush wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Jun 2009, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:
>> I went about a month ago thanks to the organising super-powers of Billy,
>> and let me tell you it's the geekiest place on Earth, period.
>
> I think you have an excellent case here, interesting exhibits, tour and
> history but to prove it it must be challenged!!
>
> Is there a visitor attraction Geekier than Bletchley Park?

The start of the train of events that led to me organising a trip there a
few months back was a twitter discussion (naturally) over whether
Forbidden Planet London could be considered a "geek mecca" or not. I
suggested that Bletchley might be more appropriate. I'm not entirely
certain that FP would count as visitor attraction either.

They didn't take up my suggestion of duelling for the honour of the title.
Which was disappointing.

The National Museum of Computing at Bletchley (http://tnmoc.org) is one of
the geekiest places I've been for a long while. It certainly beat FP.

--billy

--
http://billyabbott.co.uk